- The Director of Finance and Operations, acting in the capacity of purchasing agent, has been given the responsibility for all purchasing.
- The Director of Finance and Operations will act as the agent of the School Committees for the purpose of making the necessary and desirable purchases by, for, or in the interest of the School Committees.
- The Director of Finance and Operations may delegate authority for all or part of the functions of purchasing agent to such person, or persons, as may be required to conduct efficiently the business of that office, and all such persons will be directly responsible to the Director of Finance and Operations for the performance of those duties.
- The Director of Finance and Operations will establish, implement and enforce such rules, regulations and procedures as may be necessary to maintain an effective and efficient contractual purchasing system and legal process.
- The Director of Finance and Operations will maintain a system for communicating both process and systems requirements to the appropriate levels or organization which shall be by, but not limited to, an established Purchasing Manual.
- The Director of Finance and Operations will establish and enforce an effective System of Financial Internal Controls.
- Any purchases made without a pre-approved purchase order will become the responsibility of the individual making the purchase.
- All employees of the School Districts are subject to the policies and the established rules, regulations and procedures which will govern purchasing.
Region Voted to Approve: 4/29/08
Amherst Voted to Approve: 5/20/08
Pelham Voted to Approve: 6/17/08
Effective Date: 6/17/08