As trustee of funds allocated for use in public education, the Committee will fulfill its responsibility to see that these funds are used wisely for achievement of the purposes to which they are allocated.
It is essential that the school system recognize that education is the core mission and that fiscal matters should be prioritized to contribute to the educational program. This concept will be incorporated into all aspects of school system management and operation.
In the school system’s fiscal management, the Committees seek to achieve the following goals:
- To engage in thorough advance planning, with staff and community involvement, in order to develop budgets and to guide expenditures so as to achieve the greatest educational returns and the greatest contributions to the educational program in relation to dollars expended.
- To establish levels of funding that will provide high quality education for the students.
- To use the best available techniques for budget development and management.
- To provide timely and appropriate information to all staff with fiscal management responsibilities.
- To establish maximum efficiency procedures for accounting, reporting, business, purchasing and delivery, payroll, payment of vendors and contractors, and all other areas of fiscal management.
Region Voted to Approve: 4/29/08
Amherst Voted to Approve: 5/20/08
Pelham Voted to Approve: 6/17/08
Effective Date: 6/17/08