To provide continuing in-service training and development for its members, the School Committee encourages the participation of all members at appropriate School Committee conferences, workshops and conventions. However, in order to control both the investment of time and funds necessary to implement this policy, the Committee establishes these principles and procedures for its guidance:
- The Committee secretary will maintain a calendar of School Committee conferences, conventions and workshops. The Committee will periodically decide which meetings appear to be most promising in terms of producing direct and indirect benefits to the school system.
- Funds for participation at such meetings will be budgeted for on an annual basis. When funds are limited, the Committee will designate which of its members would be the most appropriate to participate at a given meeting.
- Reimbursement to Committee members for their travel expenses will be in accord with the travel expense policy for staff members.
- When a conference, convention, or workshop is not attended by the full Committee, those members who do participate will be requested to share information, recommendations and materials acquired at the meeting.
- Region Voted to Approve: 12/07/11
Amherst Voted to Approve:
Pelham Voted to Approve: