The mission of our schools is to provide all students with a high quality education that enables them to be contributing members of a multiethnic, multicultural, pluralistic society. We seek to create an environment that achieves equity for all students and ensures that each student is a successful learner, is fully respected, and learns to respect others.
- Goal #1 – Develop and maintain an up-to-date, innovative,multicultural and academically challenging curriculum that promotes high standards and success for all students.
- Goal #2 – Provide creative, multi-faceted instruction that maintains high standards, engages all students, and enables all students to be successful learners.
- Goal #3 – Make all students feel fully welcome and a part of our schools, regardless of race, social class, gender, culture, language,religion, sexuality, academic success, or physical abilities.
- Goal #4 – Eliminate the achievement gap among students from different racial, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Goal #5 – Address the demands and opportunities facing our schools asa result of the rapid growth in the use of technology throughout our society.
- Goal #6 – Increase communication and collaboration among the district’s stakeholders – students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators and the larger community – and use parents and the community more effectively as educational resources.
- Goal #7 – Hire and retain a high-quality teaching and administrative staff.
- Goal #8 – Equip and maintain school buildings to provide healthy,accessible, modern learning environments that support the achievement of our mission.
- Goal #9 – Sustain a physically and emotionally safe environment in our schools for students and staff.
Region Voted to Approve: 3/31/01
Amherst Voted to Approve: 5/1/01
Pelham Voted to Approve: 7/17/01
Effective Date: 3/31/01