Amherst-Pelham Regional High School

Main Office: 413-362-1700

Attendance Line413-362-1718

Weather Cancellation: 413-362-1898



21 Mattoon Street,
Amherst MA 01002

Registrar’s Office

Home 9 Registrar’s Office

Registrar’s Office for 7-12 Grades

Please use the “On-Line Registration Form” to complete the enrollment packet and upload the required documents using the links below.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 413-362-1703 or email me at
Register here: On-Line Registration Form
Please submit documents here: UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
Please note that completing this form does not guarantee acceptance to our schools. We will review your documents and make every effort to register your child(ren) as soon as possible, however, there are times when this process can and will take several days. You can expedite this process greatly if you provide all required documentation at the time of registration using the link below.
The information will be reviewed to determine if your child is eligible to attend our schools and the school will contact you directly with more information.
Feel free to contact the registrar with any more questions.

Contact Information

To register your child into 7-12 grade please contact the registrar for the Middle and High School:
Tel: 413-362-1703
Fax: 413-549-9704

The Registrar’s Office is located at:
Amherst-Pelham Regional High School
21 Mattoon Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.


Registration Information  (click this link for detailed information for enrolling new students at the Middle & High Schools)

Documents required for registration below:

Student Identification:
Original Birth Certificate
Proof of Birth/Temporary Card (given at the hospital)

Parent/Guardian Identification is required for admission and should be brought to registration:
Government-issued photographic form of identification:
Driver’s License or State ID

Custody Records: If applicable to your family situation, proof of physical custody, which has been granted by a court of law, must be submitted.
The official court issued documents or official letters from the Department of Children and Families

Immunization records must be documented by a licensed health care provider or school health record and must include the month, date, and year of each immunization. Massachusetts State law does NOT allow a student to be enrolled until the immunization documentation is presented and shows that the student is fully immunized.

Proof of Residency:  The parent/legal guardian and student(s) need to be included in the Lease/Section 8 agreement as authorized tenants.

We will make every effort to register your child(ren) as soon as possible, however, there are times when this process can and will take several days. You can expedite this process greatly if you provide all required documentation at the time of registration.

Under Massachusetts law, a child may attend the schools of the town in which s/he resides.  To attend public school in Amherst, in Pelham, or in the Regional District, a student must reside permanently in Amherst, in Pelham, or in one of the Regional towns, respectively, and must reside with at least one parent or legal guardian who has physical custody.  Typically, the residence of a child under 18 is the residence of the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) who has/have physical custody of the child. “Residence” is the place where a person dwells currently, with an intention to remain, and is in the town that is the core of his/her domestic, social, and civil life.

The School District may require a variety of documentation to establish proof of residency and custody.  Investigations may be made by school officials to assure that a student maintains a bona fide permanent residence in the town.  Parents/guardians are under a continuing obligation to inform the School District of any and all changes to a student’s residential status.

Any student who is determined to be a non-resident while enrolled in a school in any of the districts will be dismissed for non-residency.  The dismissal may be appealed to the Superintendent, and the student may be allowed to remain in school pending the outcome of the appeal.


Change of Address

If you have moved within the school district, please contact your child’s school to report the new address and provide proof of residency. Please review the required documents for proof of Residency. MA Public School attendance is based on where a student actually resides and only resident students are able to attend. If you have moved to another community, please contact the school about how to withdraw your student and request that records are sent to the new school.


Student Withdrawal 7-12

If you have moved or will be transferring your child to another public, private or charter school, please use the “Student Withdrawal” link to unenroll.

(this is the link:


Requesting Transcripts

Transcripts can be requested in the High School Main Office or online. Please allow 2 business days for processing.

(The online request link will bring you to the UniPay website.  From there choose Amherst Pelham Regional School District, then choose Former Student Transcript Requests.

Welcome to the Amherst Regional Public Schools (ARPS). We look forward to working with you, your child, 
and your family to make your experience a successful one.