Math Department Course Web Pages (HW calendar and documents) –under construction
Bowes, Suzanne firstname.lastname@example.org
Duram, Sean email@example.com
Eckart, Rich firstname.lastname@example.org
Friedman, Geoff email@example.com
Hayes, Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiely, Mary email@example.com
Lariviere-Werner, Alex firstname.lastname@example.org
Metzger, Keith email@example.com
Mudie, Jane* firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakes, Robin email@example.com
Sulikowski, Lisa firstname.lastname@example.org
Zelaya, Blanca email@example.com
Exemplary Student Work from a Problem of the Week (broken link)
Teacher Web site (broken link)
Criteria for Accelerating in Mathematics
- Any high school student wishing to accelerate must be earning a grade of at least 95% in their current math course, as well as be maintaining an average of 95% on all tests and exams.
- Any student who has met the above criteria must schedule a meeting, including the parent/guardian and the Math Department Head. This meeting must take place before May 9 in order for the student to accelerate the following school year. There are no exceptions to this May 9 deadline. The following COMPLETED FORMS must be brought to this meeting, to be submitted for approval.
Proposal Form – to be submitted electronically and in hard copy
Current Math Teacher Evaluation Form – must be completed (top portion of form) and submitted electronically to the student’s current teacher
Awarding of Accelerated Placement
Placement will only be awarded if all of the following criteria are met by their respective deadlines.
- Student must have met all of the above criteria by May 8.
- Student must pass, with an 85%, a placement exam in the course he/she wishes to study independently. The placement exam must be taken on one of the two scheduled exam dates, which occur before the start of school. There are no exceptions to this deadline.
- Student must submit a work portfolio (in required format) on the date of the placement exam – there are no exceptions to this deadline.