P ~E~ O~ P~ L~ E
The library was founded by Mrs. Mary Munson in honor of her husband, Mr. Parnell Munson. Mr. Munson died mysteriously. The mystery of his death has never been solved. The library was founded in 1930 when it was made possible to build it. It was built because of funds from many people, including William H. Atkins who founded Atkins Farms many years before. Atkins still stands today as a community store and apple orchard.
The library has had many librarians who have all done their part to keep the building standing today. One of the previous librarian died in a tragic car crash a few years ago. The present librarians continue to do their best in keeping the building up to date, and in use by all the Amherst citizens.
The Company that renovated the Munson Library in 1988 will also renovate the Crocker Farm Elementary School in the summer of 2001.
This is Crocker Farm School in the year 2001